Friday, June 10, 2011

I Am a Window.....But At Least I'm Eating Butterscotch Brownies

I am so excited to post today. I had one of those mornings where I woke up and was feeling very "WOOT"!  I think its probably the adrenalin rush I am having because I am seeing bf for the first time in a month today and it involves the beach and I am so pale I am see through. Like a window. See-right-through-me kinda pale. Yes, long distance is lame. I am aware. Well either way, after work today I am off to Delaware to bask in the sun and enjoy some time with bf and his friends from DC! I cannot wait.  I am going to sit under this all day: 
Hopefully I will get some color so I wont be as pale as I was during reunion

Ok, well moving on.  I wanted to share a new recipe I created with you guys.  I made these Chocolate Butterscotch Muffins which I will from this point on call Chocolate Butterscotch Brownies.  I am a dummy and put them in muffin tins but they should not be punished for that. So, brownies it is.

Super easy to make. I am a fan.

Ingredients: 
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup milk
2 Eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup fat free vanilla yogurt
2 teapsoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup butterscotch chips

Steps: (easiest ever)
1) Preheat over to 375 degrees F
2) Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
3) Put in a pam-ed brownie pan
4) Bake for 20 to 30 min (until you can poke with a toothpick and it comes out clean)
5) Enjoy.

Personally, I really enjoyed these brownies! Especially when hot from the oven (or microwave as I obviously keep heating them up and taking them to the face).  However, there is something about butterscotch that is really tricky to bake with. It is a really strong flavor. I think that these deserve a Star Fabulous Rating of 6/10.  They are good but I am not bringing the left over to Delaware this weekend... and I bring left overs everywhere. 

Star Fabulous Rating: 6/10

Everyone enjoy their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment