Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and that this dreary weather isn't getting anyone down. I had an action packed weekend! Before I launch into the deliciousness that was prepared this weekend I just want to remind everyone to head to the CNC Bake Sale today to bid on great treats to help benefit an amazing cause- Team for Kids. I contributed my delish
On to the amazingness that was created this weekend. First of all, bf is a master when it comes to pancakes so he whipped up these Barefoot Contessa pancakes, which were immediately devoured.
With the bf in town I decided to create something spectacular for him. He is a giant nutella fan so, what better treat than Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies! Yum Yum Yum! These were super easy and came out very well- a couple friends got to try some and lets just say this- Kman was a fan (KMAN SHOUT OUT!)
1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Sprinkled ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons unsalted butter at room tempurature
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup Nutella
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 egg whites
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1) Combine flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium size bowl and set aside
2) With an electric mixer combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3) Add Nutella, egg whites and vanilla to the sugar mixture with the electric mixer
4) Add the flour mixture slowly to the sugar mixture
5) Mix in chocolate chips until fully incorporated
6) Place mixture in the fridge for 45min-1hr to let chill
7) Place tablespoon size circles on a pam-ed, tinfoil-ed pan about 2 inches apart and bake at 350 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes- makes about 32 cookies
8) Remove, let cool and dig in!
Kman and Ames gave these a Star Fabulous rating of 9/10 and not to too my own horn, but I definitely agree. I think the trick to making the best cookies is chilling the dough!
Star Fabulous Rating: 9/10