Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cinnasugs in the House

I have an exciting recipe to share with you guys today! Simple as can be and really satisfies that sweet tooth when a giant piece of pie seems a little too heavy (just a little). Per usual I was catching up on my Reader on Monday and Katie had posted about Chickpea Poppers.  I love chickpeas and have made poppers (love calling them this!) similar to Katie's with some salt and garlic for a delicious movie watching snack.  Well if you guys are as big a fan of Chocolate Covered Katie as I am, you know that that girl can do some crazy things with chickpeas (think... Blondies) so I decided to take a page from her book and try and make a sweet chickpea popper. Well let me tell you-BOMB.com.

These treats are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet-tooth without going over the top.  I had about 2 tablespoons of chickpeas hanging next to the pickles in the fridge and decided I would experiment with a smaller quantity in case the adventure went extremely downhill.  Welp it didn't. Recipe below!

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons cup chickpeas
3 packets of splenda sugar (that I stole from my office!)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Pam

Steps: (easy peasy)
1) In a bowl combine drained and washed chickpeas, splenda, cinnamon and a nice spray of pam.
2) Mix it all up so that the sugar and cinnamon evenly cover the all the chickpeas
3) On a pam-ed pan spread chickpeas evenly and and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 mins
4) Put in bowl- EAT ALL!

(please excuse this nasty picture, it is hard to show how delicious these are through a photo!)

These really are scrumptious. For what they are, I starfabulously rate them an 8/10.  Yes people, 8 star out of 10 stars for a treat that involves a bean. TRUTH.

Star Fabulous Rating: 8/10
Ok on to bigger and better things.  Yesterday for dinner I had my first EVER veggie burger.  I dominated one of these suckers:

with a little mozzarella cheese between two pieces of toasted whole wheat bread and now, my friends, all I can think of is how I want more.

How do you guys each your veggie burgers? I am a newbie and would love recipe ideas!

2 comments:

  1. Numero uno: loooove this. Obsessed with chickpeas. Also obsessed with snacks I can make in small batches when I have random cravings like this. Yay!

    Numero dos: YES veggie burgers! I am a recent convert, and they are wondrous things (and really flavorful when you find good recipes or brands!). Brown Eyed Baker just did a fantastic black bean recipe recently if you want to check it out:

    http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2011/06/15/veggie-bean-burger-sweet-potato-fries/

    I can't wait to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete