This recipe took all of 5 mins and might be one of the more delicious cookies I have tasted. Also doesn't hurt that the recipe makes 30 cookies, and they are huge. This version I tried to lighten up a little by replacing half of the butter with apple sauce. It provides a great sweet taste that compliments the dried cranberries and it makes for a healthier cookie and a happier eater!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
-1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites
-1/2 cup of butter
-3/4 teaspoon of salt
-1/2 cup of apple sauce
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
-1/2 cup macadamia nuts
-1/2 cup dried cranberries
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
2) In a large bowl mix flours, sugars, baking soda, salt, eggs, apple sauce, vanilla and butter
3) Combine with an electric mixer
4) Fold in chocolate chips, macadamia nuts and dried cranberries
5) Divide into 30 clumps and bake for 9 to 11 minutes on a pam-ed pan
6) Let cool and enjoy!
All packaged up and ready to surprise Sister K! Off to head across town- hope she enjoys 'em!
Star Fabulous Rating: 7/10
P.S. I brought these cookies to work and they are all gone- some people might argue that these cookies are closer to a 9/10 star- not to toot my own horn!