Monday, April 18, 2011

Craisin Honey Almond Granola



I went to the gym today!  The entire workout, all I could think about was crunchy crispy granola. After devouring the Chocolate Granola I made this weekend it was time to make a new batch of crunchy goodness for my morning yogurt. The best part about making your own granola is it is so easy you just pop it into the oven and go about your business.  I decided that this week I would try a new granola and created this Craisin Honey Almond Granola with the help of the genius mastermind behind the Simply Scratch food blog! So I whipped together a batch of this delicious goodness, popped it in the oven, hopped in the shower, and devoured as a nice dessert!


Ingredients: 
1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1 and 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
-1/3 cup sliced almonds
-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries

Steps:
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (It needs to be hot for these to get crunchy!
2)  In one bowl combine honey, melted butter and vanilla extract.
3) In a separate bowl combine oats, flour, almonds, salt and cranberries
4) Add the honey mixture to the dry mixture and stir until mixed
5) Spread the granola mixture over a pam-ed pan
6) Bake for 10 to 15 minutes
7) Take out, turn over, bake for additional 5 to 7 minutes
* Make sure to keep an eye on them so they don't burn!



I tried these as a delicious dessert with a little bit of greek yogurt and some fresh blueberries (I am not a greek yogurt fan but I am determined to train myself to be and this crunchy addition is definitely a step in the right direction!)- Correction, I officially DO NOT like greek yogurt.  I made the smart decision to stick with what I know and not spoil this delicious treat.  Granola and skim milk with fresh blueberries is much more up my alley!



Star Fabulous Rating: 5/10 ( The more honey the sweetest) 

No comments:

Post a Comment