The best part about this recipe is that it is SO easy.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
-2 tablespoons cocoa powder
-1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/4 cup water
-1/4 cup canola oil
-1/2 cup honey
-2 tablespoons light brown sugar
-1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
You can also add any of these:
Or any of these:
I usually don't because the cocoa powder is so flavorful on its own, but if you a texture kinda person, these might be your best friend.
here is the best part: The steps:
1) Preheat oven and line a baking sheet with a pammed piece of tinfoil
2) In a large bowl combine rolled oats, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, salt and optional walnuts, almonds and dried fruit.
3) In a small saucepan, combine the water, oil, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla; until comes to a boil. then take it off the burner.
4) Combine the liquid mixture to the dry mixture.
5) Place, spread out, on the baking sheet.
6) Bake for 20 min, shake up, bake for 20 mins. If you want them crunchier, bake longer.
** make sure to check often to prevent burning (burnt chocolate is not my jam).
7) Take out and cool!
It is delish. Make sure to keep it in a sealed container so it stays crunchy and crispy!
It tastes great on its own and with milk. My roommate agrees- she ate almost half the batch last time I made it. No worries tho, as you can see, its very easy to whip together another batch.
Today I am trying it my yogurt. Wish me luck!
Best. Afternoon. Snack. Ever
Star Fabulous Rating: 8/10