Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chocolate Chip Morning Bread





Last night one of my roommates told me how she was craving chocolate so... Jessica to the rescue!


Realizing that I was down a lot of key ingredients I decided that I would see what I could come up with AND to my surprise this came out quite well if I do say so myself... ACTUALLY I guess I dont have to say it for myself because my roommate texted me today "I like the bread!!! Alot"... thats 3 exclimation points!


MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.


This creation is what I woud like to call Chocolate Chip Morning Bread because they have a similar consistency to scones and a nice slice (maybe paired with an orange) is a great breakfast on the go!


Ingredients:
1/4 cup apple sauce
3 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
cut nuts
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 egg whites
salt
12 almonds finely chopped (slices almonds work as well)


Steps: (EASIEST STEPS EVER!)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2) Combine all ingredients in one bowl (except almonds) and stir well
3) Put batter into a pam-ed 9x5 (banana bread) pan
4) Sprinkle with chipped almonds
5) Put in the oven for 15 to 30 minutes
6) Cut and enjoy



I am so happy that my roommate got her treat and this little experiment worked so well. 


Star Fabulous Rating: 7/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment