Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Mom Wears Pink Converse

Hi Guys! So sorry it has taken me forever to post today I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off all morning trying to get things situated for the move, handling some personal stuff, and get ready for my fabulous weekend with the boyfriend in Delaware on the beach.  This girls needs some color like WOW. Legit, see through.  Not kidding, look:

That's me in the white shorts and yellow top (super unflattering picture!). See. Through. O well, moving on. Hopefully this weekend I can come back and show you guys a tan pic! Fingers crossed!

Well, beside that, a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders because Mama Nay Nay has decide to come to NYC to help me move. She always keeps me nice and calm and it definitely means a nice dinner and some girl time so, woot woot! Look at her adorableness:
Hot shoes Nay Nay- you so cute!

So last night I decided to make some treats for the lovely woman of AWNY for our 8:15 morning meeting.  I joined AWNY (The Advertising Women of New York) about 2 months ago and love it. I am on the Young Executives Committee so I the second Wednesday of every month we have a committee meeting to discuss events, networking, etc.  The girls are great and the community is wonderful.  I thought they deserved a little pick-me-up so Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins were made. One of the girls is Gluten Free and couldnt eat any of the cupcakes (I felt so bad!) Maybe next month I'll try and whip up a gluten free batch for her.  I believe I am up to the challenge :)

These muffins are so good.  Sorry for all of you who hate this word but they were moist (my bad but I think you're ok), light, and chocolatey to the extreme! I took some tips from both Gina and Amy and mixed and matched their recipes to make this lovely creation.   

Ingredients:
6 ripe medium bananas, mashed
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup fat free vanilla yogurt 
1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour 
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp butter, softened
1 cup sugar
4 large egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Steps:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
2) In a medium bowl combine both flours, baking soda and salt and set aside 
3) In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy
4) Add egg whites, bananas, applesauce, vanilla yogurt and vanilla to the sugar mixture and combine with the electric mixer.
5) Add flour mixture and chocolate chips to the wet mixture and blend with the electric mixer at low speed until combined (if you go to fast the flour will go everyone and make a mess!)
6) Pour batter into muffin pans (with paper cupcake liners- whatever those are called!) and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. 
7) Let the cool and enjoy!
* Makes 24 cupcakes

I enjoyed one last night with a little bit of butter. Amazing.  Had one this AM for breakfast as well... AND I couldn't resist devouring one at around 3 for a snack. SO yup, made 24, 3 were eaten by me, in less than 24 hours. Well worth it.


These deserve a solid Star Fabulous Rating of 9/10! The only thing that would make em better is if they were a little better!  Make sure to allow the batch to make 24 cupcakes and not be thrown off by size. Less cupcakes=larger portion. Larger portions changes the nutritional information.  (But then again, if I was going to eat three is just one day, maybe I should have just make giant cupcakes)

Star Fabulous Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment