Well, needless to say, last night was another Balcony Eating Dinner Extravaganza! Amy came over for homemade pizza! Now, homemade pizza is my jam. As you will remember from the delicious asparagus and prosciutto pizza that I made with JVo making pizza is easy and filling! Amy and I decided to go with the usual prosciutto (my jamalamadingdong- yes, repetitive, but true none the less!) and add the left over pineapples from my Raspberry Pineapple Greek Yogurt Popsicles from Sunday. This was super easy!
1 pre-made whole wheat Trader Joe's Pizza dough
1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
3/4 cup basil and marinara pizza sauce
1 cup pineapple
1 package Trader Joe's prosciutto (5 strips)
1) Spread olive oil all over spread out dough on a pam-ed pan
2) Sprinkle with garlic
3) Spread tomato sauce over pizza
4) Top with pineapple and proscuitto
5) Top with reduced fat mozzarella cheese (we used about 2 cups, but it was a little excessive)
6) Throw that sucker in the oven at 400 degrees F until the cheese starts to slightly brown and the crust hardens- about 20 mins.
Don't mind the awkward floating head situation in this picture, weird angle Amy- good one! :)
While I sprinkled on those pineapples, Ames enjoyed a fountain soda- is there anything better tan a nice cold fountain soda?
Pizza went in the oven (as well as some easy to make sprouts- olive oil, vinegar, garlic salt and parm) and it came out this master piece!
Dinner on the patio was amazing- per usual. Amy is a better blogger than me (bad Jessica) and took the pictures. Thanks Ames! One slice of Pizza on this plate, four consumed total. Happy Jessica. Another fab night with Ms. Fruitsaladlife!