Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pretzel Lovers and Birthday Shout Outs

 Last night Maj and Faj made their way into the city because today it is Faj's birthday!! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAJ!
Tonight we are going to Crispo down town. I have been before and it is sooo good! I am sure pictures will follow tomorrow.

Of course, cupcakes were made, but those will be posted tomorrow after they are adequately devoured. 

While Faj and Maj and sibling were getting drinks last night and scurried home to make the frosting for the cupcakes. I last minute decided to also make a delicious, no-bake-quick-treat to bring into the office tomorrow. During lunch when I ran over to the grocery store to buy powdered sugar for the frosting for Faj's cupcakes, my colleague joined and went off about his love for pretzels.  All I could think of the entire rest of the day was how amazing pretzels and chocolate are together.  During my exploration I stumbled upon this amazing recipe at Blog is New Black which absolutely HAD to be made- I.M.M.E.D.I.A.T.E.L.Y. 

Also, any recipe that only involves 5 ingredients is right up my alley. Made a few small tweaks and they still came out great!

Here we go!

Ingredients: 
1/2 cup creamy reduced fat peanut butter (could use Better n Butter or Almond Butter if you wanted, I just needed to get rid of this regular peanut butter)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon room temperature unsalted butter
1 cup crushed, whole wheat, pretzel minis
1/2 bar of milk chocolate and 1/2 cup bittersweet m and ms

Steps:
1) In a medium bowl stir together peanut butter, powdered sugar, unsalted butter and crushed pretzels.
2) Once combine roll into 1" balls (will make about 10) 
3) Freeze for 30 minutes, or until firm. 
4) Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl - (I melted the bar and rolled half the balls in the bar melted chocolate, then I melted the chips and rolled the remaining in the chips- hence why mine are two different colors)- I am sure that you could mix them together and it would be just as delish
5) Roll peanut pretzel bars in the melted chocolate until completely covered 
6) Place in refrigerator to let chocolate set in until ready to eat

These are quite scrumptious, I am hoping the office loves em but I haven't brought em out of the office fridge yet! 

I ate one at home and definitely give these a Star Fabulous rating of 9/10. Chocolate. Pretzels. Peanut Butter- where could it go wrong!


Star Fabulous Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment