Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Raspberry Pineapple Greek Yogurt Popsicles

Morning bloggies.  I have been so excited to share this easy peasy recipe with you and I was waiting for just the right time. This beautiful morning calls for an early AM homemade popsicle recipe! Who doesn't want popsicles at 8:37am?

I first got the idea of making popsicles from Amy over at Fruit Salad Life who created delicious looking Mango Popsicle Treats.  I am not a huge Mango girl so I decided to make popsicles using two of my favorite summery fruits, Pineapples and Raspberries!  Here we go:

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Pineapples
1/4 cup Raspberries
1 cup Fat Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt (I went Trader Joe's brand- OBVI)
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons Agave Nectar

Steps:
1) Throw it all in a blender
2) Pour into popsicle molds
3) Freeze... until frozen
4) EAT



(grapes anyone?)

These are amazing and after a nice little work out to cool down and feel refreshed.

Or, as Jessica did, share them with your sister after a fabulous dinner on your new balcony (Chicken, Sweet Potato Fries,  Vinegar Parmesan Brussels Sprouts)

Look at Sissy K enjoy these suckers (yes, pun intended)
These deserve a Star Fabulous Rating of about 7/10 I'd say.  The flavor is amazing and really delicious but I personally like my popsicles a little mroe icey and a little less creamy. If you are a creamy popsicle kinda person- these are more like a 9/10 for you.  Perhaps next time I'll try it with extra seltzer water for a little fizz!
Star Fabulous Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment