Peanut Butter is the best. Hands down. Best. Chocolate is equally the best. Hands down. Best. TIE! Therefore when I was making celebratory cookies to give to my broker at my lease signing today, Peanut Butter and Chocolate were involved. Yes-I made cookies for my broker, George, to thank him. If any of you have ever lived in Manhattan, you know that searching for an apartment is like sticking a fork in your eye repeatedly while running barefoot on fire. That actually may be an understatement. Therefore, when George came along, he was my guardian angel and really bent over backwards to make sure we were comfortable and that we got what we were looking for. George obviously deserved a treat! Choco Peanut Butta Cookies, here we come.
I am not even going to make you wait until the end to learn how these were starfabulously rated. These deserve a Star Fabulous Rating of 10/10. No questions asked. Do you have your spoon out? Got the bowl ready? Here we go!
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted peanut butter (I went with Trader Joes- bargain hunters’ best friend)
14 cup unsalted butter
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt (if you use salted peanut butter cut this a smidge)
½ teaspoon of baking soda
1 cup whole wheat flour (or ¾ cup whole wheat flour and ¼ cup all purpose flour)
½ cup chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2) Place sugar, butter and peanut butter in a large bowl and with an electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
3) Add eggs and vanilla to sugar mixture and blend well with mixer until combined.
4) Add salt, baking soda and flour to sugar mixture and beat until completely combined with the electric mixer
5) Add chocolate chips and mix with the electric mixer until evenly distributed through the batter.
6) Put tablespoon size blobs of the batter on a pam-ed cookie sheet. Note: Make sure to leave about 2
inches between each cookie, they expand!
7) Bake cookies for about 7 to 8 minutes. When removing they will look slightly undercooked. Cookies continue to cookie once removed from the oven so it is essential that you remove this early enough to allow them to be ooey gooey.
8) Makes about 30 cookies!
Now you have two choices...
a) You can be the smart responsible person who individually packages them up for friends before they devour the whole batch
b) You can be the girl like me, who ate four before she remembered that she was supposed to give them to her guardian angel broker friend. The choices is yours :)
Star Fabulous Rating: 10/10